Wednesday, November 19, 2008

WARDROBE REMIX: what lies beneath the winter coat...


I wore it, but no one saw it. Spent the day walking about dressed as you see here, except with two extra much uglier, but much warmer layers for the outside weather. I'm having trouble finding stylish but functional outerwear, it's a big investment so I've been super indecisive about what to go with, and I still have no idea of what a real Winter will throw at me. Got any advice, Northern Hemispherians?

Anyhoo, the inspiration behind this smock was Wiksten's 2007 Portland Jumper:


(pic via wikstenmade's flickr, thanks to wikstenmade)

Naturally, I missed out when it was in her store. I don't think it'll ever come back (sniff), but when I found this Antipodium number and it was not insanely priced AND it was by a local designer, I thought why not?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin